To get an Aadhaar or apply for Aadhaar, you need to visit the authorised Aadhaar enrolment centre nearby you with some certain documents of your identity and address proof. However, you can go to any enrolment camp authorised by UIDAI anywhere in India. The complete procedure is illustrated in the following points:
- Take your documents of address and identity proof (original or photocopies attested by a gazetted officer) along with Aadhaar enrolment form and go to any nearby authorised Aadhaar enrolment centre or you can go to any of the enrolment camp authorised by UIDAI anywhere in India.
- At the enrolment centre, there will be a document verification process done by the officials over there.
- The enroller or operator will insert your details and will ask you to validate the data entry.
- You will then be asked to undergo through a process of fingerprint and iris scanning.
- After that your photograph will be taken.
- The operator or enroller will then sign off with his fingerprint.
- You will then receive a printed acknowledgement slip with an enrolment number and other details. This finishes your job as part of getting your Aadhaar number.
Your details will then be verified and after verification, a unique Aadhaar number only for you will be generated which will be dispatched to your address. After 60 to 90 days you will receive your Aadhaar number, however, this time may be longer depending upon the internal processing of the authority. Later on you can also check your Aadhar card status online and also download E-Aadhaar letter from the website when available.